Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Big Oops!

So yesterday, my first big day of counting points, I went to bed thinking I had nailed it! My total points for the day were 22, out of my allotted 20-25. I ate moderately throughout the day, and made a oh-so-yummy 10-point taco salad for dinner. I drank water with dinner, and didn't snack before bed.

So today, just because, I decided to double check my points on the taco salad to make sure I had it right. Um, yeah, I read the wrong line for "beef" and my 10-point taco salad quickly became a whopping 22 points!! Ooops!! So I actually finished the day with 34.5 points. Not such a great start after all.

I also didn't exercise yesterday like I planned, but in my defense I went to bed at 7:00pm with an awful sore throat and unfinished homework. I know though, excuses, excuses (this is where you yell at me).

I joined a program at work to get people active, and you qualify to win a sweet prize (I want to say like $200 bucks?) if you meet your goals for 8 of the 12 weeks. My goals are to work out for 30 minutes a day, 4 days a week. So far, I haven't done any. And I have to meet my goal this week or I'm out of the running, since this is week 5. So, tonight is class, and tomorrow I'm working out. I swear.

2 comments:

Kashfi Fahim said...

it's so hard to go to the gym.

oh oh, download podrunner interval workout training podcasts from itunes

it's one of the top podcasts.
they're free; pretty good tracks. keeps you focused and keeps the adrenaline going.

i haven't downloaded them in a while but

good advice: LISTEN TO LOUD ENERGETIC MUSIC.

and once you're done working out reward yourself by checking out the hot chicks... wait you're a newly wed. [he won't know]

Kristina said...

Thanks for the heads up on the podcast..I had no idea and definitely need pumped up music when working out.

Now about those hot chicks....hmmmm

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

The oh-so-exciting tales of Jim and Kristina :)