Monday, April 14, 2008

Can't....give.....up.....

So I am almost two full weeks into my new weight loss adventure, and man, its HARD. I think losing weight would be a cinch if life just didn't get in the way. This weekend my friend Kristen came to town and we ended up enjoying beverages and going out to eat and I didn't even attempt to count my points. While I know I went over, I am really proud of myself though for making healthier decisions, out and at home. At home, instead of making really bad for you dip, I enjoyed chips and salsa (0 points for the salsa). Saturday morning we went to a diner for breakfast. I LOVE diners, and I LOOOOOVE french toast at diners which is definitely not the healthiest choice. Instead I went for an omlette with raisin toast, and it was just as great! Saturday night we went out for wings, and instead of wings I got a grilled chicken wrap. So, while I didn't 100% stick to it this weekend, I think I did a good job of making better choices while having a friend in town.

The hardest part for me right now is definitely getting the exercise I should be. I like the gym, I used to despise it, but this winter I was going pretty regularly and started enjoying it, much to my surprise. But the past few months, (WARNING: Here come the excuses!!), life has gotten insanely busy. I'm taking the hardest class of my life. One three credit, should be 10 credit, class takes up many of my evenings with extensive reading, group work and papers. We're also closing on our first house on May 1, so we're really busy with getting ready to move on top of the end of the semester craziness. Finding time to go to the gym, is just really hard. I am trying to walk more though just to get moving, but (I can't believe I'm saying this), I miss the elliptical and weight machines at the gym..I just always felt so good about myself after..and that's something I've been missing for several weeks now.

This week is supposed to be gorgeous outside. I know I'm struggling to fit into my warm weather clothes, so hopefully this will give me the kick in the butt I need. If I could just get to the gym once......better than none right?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

The oh-so-exciting tales of Jim and Kristina :)