Monday, April 7, 2008

Corn Chowder

As I write about my adventures in weight loss, I'd also like to add on here the yummy recipes I'm finding along the way, one because if its here I won't lose it :), and two because hopefully those of you who read this blog will enjoy some of these two.

The first recipe is from my friend Angie. It's a delicious corn chowder that I made last night. While I was cooking, Jim was raving about his mom's yummy chowder and I was very nervous that this wouldn't be up to par, but by the time he finished his first bite, he was raving, and didn't stop until a good hour after dinner. So, thumbs up on this one..its a keeper!

Corn Chowder

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons water
1 onion, chopped
2 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth (about one can)
2 medium all purpose potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 cups whole corn kernels (about one can)
1/4 cup light cream
salt and pepper to taste

1. In a medium pot, over medium-high heat, saute the onion, 2 teaspoons of water (or olive oil) until soft, about 5 minutes.

2. Add the chicken broth and potatoes, bring to a boil.

3. Reduce the heat and simmer, partially covered, until the potatoes are almost tender, about 10-15 minutes.

4. Stir in the corn, simmer 5 minutes longer.

5. Remove from heat, cool slighty.

6. Transfer 2 cups of soup to food processor or blender, puree.

7. Pour back into the saucepan, stir in the cream and heat to serving temperature.

8. Add salt and or pepper to taste (optional) and serve warm!

Makes 4 servings at 4 points each. Yummmy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

The oh-so-exciting tales of Jim and Kristina :)