Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Another Essay

So a few weeks ago I wrote a post about how it would be really cool if students only knew that sometimes their admission essays fall in the perfect set of hands. Like girls who's entire life was cheerleading, or students who traveled abroad to help students in a Spanish speaking country.

Well today I got one that probably should not have gone to me. Remember when I hiked Katahdin? I do. I remember crying the entire way up the mountain and not being able to walk for a week following.

Today I got an essay from a girl who also hiked Katahdin. She described her experience by saying that she "raced to the top, dodging boulders, taking in the amazing views, and picking a flower at the top."

I felt the need to throw up a little at the end, but kept my cool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would also puke. Having hiked it myself, there was no "racing" or "flower picking." :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

The oh-so-exciting tales of Jim and Kristina :)