Saturday, February 14, 2009

Yay for Love!


Happy Valentine's Day everyone! I hope everyone finds themselves happy, healthy, and with someone to share their love with.

Its still very strange to me that I "get" to celebrate Valentine's Day in the way that one would hope to. Yes, its always nice to call your mother or your siblings and wish them a happy VDay, but to have someone really special to spend it with is a whole separate ball game. It definitely hasn't always been like this for me. Those of you who know me well know I haven't exactly been the most versed in dating throughout my life, and actually the first Valentine's Day I ever had someone to celebrate with was my first with Jim, five years ago, (it was really special, he got a very nice hotel room in the city and took me to dinner with some close friends to the Top of the Hub in Boston, which since then has kind of become our spot). But before Jim, VDay usually consisted of me trying to pick up a shift at work, or hanging out with my other single friends, which were often hard to come by.

I'll never forget the Valentine's Day the year before I met Jim. I was living in Berwick, and my friend Ray was in Boston and we were pretty much inseparable at that point, so of course I chose to come to Boston for the weekend. It was one of those odd years that Ray wasn't dating, and neither were our friends Ian, Jamison, and Petro. So we deemed ourselves "The Lonely Hearts Club" and took ourselves out to Sissy K's, wearing black hearts on our shirts. Luckily "The Lonely Hearts Club" didn't last long for most of us, but it was a fun way to spend the evening. Consequently, I think that's also the night we hailed a limo instead of a cab because it was too cold out for a cab, but that's another story for another post I think....

So anyways, I hope everyone has a fantastic day of love. Jim and I were going to give snowshoing a shot, but he's a little under the weather so we'll spend the day just hanging out and then tonight we'll head to our Portland place, and the best sushi around, Yosaku.

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

The oh-so-exciting tales of Jim and Kristina :)