Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Ahhh Home Ownership

Last night we had quite a strong rain and wind storm sweep through the state. In my pre-home owner life, storms were just fun. You got to sit and listen and watch, and then not worry about the clean up. Now, last night's storm didn't do an extreme amount of damage, but as I sit here on my day off, I am faced with throwing out most everything in the fridge that I JUST bought, following a 11.5 hour power outage, going through boxes in the basement because our "guaranteed dry basement" decided to leak a nice sized puddle of water right into our storage room, and I got the pleasure of cleaning up our trash bins outside that tipped over, consequently dumping little bags of dog poo all over our yard. Ick.

Like I said, compared to some storms, these are minor things, but they are also things I've never really had to worry about before. In the apartments the power came back quickly (I was usually in a city or apartment complex), I didn't have to worry about water or anything in the basement (we rarely had one, and honestly it wasn't our problem), and the external parts of the apartment were maintained by grounds crews or the landlord. This is an adjustment, for sure.

Let's hope for a mild winter. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and in the winter, you get to shovel.. what fun..

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

The oh-so-exciting tales of Jim and Kristina :)