Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Home Stretch

Yikes, I was cranky last night. I'm finding this to be the case not just in myself but most of my traveling colleagues. The "crank" started hitting me about two weeks ago when I was in Connecticut. I thought it was just me, but when I got to a fair one night and listened to the insane amount of grumbling from other reps, I realized I'm in good company. This is my second to last week of travel, and for many reps, the last week of the season. Today I was thinking about my very first day, back in September. I remember pulling up to at a school to a sea of perky individuals, well dressed, carrying their black rolly bags, smiling and cheerful, excited to take on the hundreds of students awaiting their arrival inside. This week, I notice we are all walking a little slower, looking a little sloppier, and hanging our heads a little lower. We're freakin' tired. It's been a blast, don't get me wrong, but after nine weeks of travel, I think we're all ready to be home.

So while I will try my best to keep a positive vibe on the blog over the next week, please do forgive me if I slip up a bit. I'm just sleepy, homesick, and ready for the next "season" of Admissions to start.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are right.. you were just a little testy last night regarding servers.... chalk it up to too many nights on the road...gets old fast doesn't it, just ask Frank who was away for months for hurricanes.... soon it will be done and you can go back to housework every night... lol

Kristina said...

I think it was the crankiness that lead to the actual post, but you know, its been true all travel season. People just think you are weird when you dine out alone..lol

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

The oh-so-exciting tales of Jim and Kristina :)