Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Sad State of the O'Brien Household

I don't think anyone can deny that being sick just plain sucks. But when both you and your spouse are sick at the same time, life is just difficult. Jim never gets sick. In the four plus years we've been together, I think I've seen him sick to the point of calling out of work once, and that's when he had mono. I on the other hand, always get sick. My immune system is about as easy to attack as a helpless stuffed animal in the same room as a puppy. So when Jim got a terrible head cold turned flu this weekend I prayed I wouldn't fall victim. Of course, the poor stuffed animal always loses.

Jim attempted work yesterday but only made it until noon, and survived the day today, but has landed right in bed as of 6:30pm because of it. I laid my bum on the couch all day yesterday and today and I may be going clinically insane.

I've learned in the past few years, that I have what people call a "Type A" personality. I can't sit still. I don't know how. Even if the house is perfectly clean, my family is comfortably fed, and things are calm, I have to be doing something. Make a snack. Organize the office. Sweep the floors. Surf the web while watching tv. So when I get a virus that seriously knocks me and my husband on our butts, I'm struggling. My back hurts. Heck my whole body hurts. Last night I had sciatic pain from laying down all day that kept me up most of the night. I'm not meant to sit still. I'm even at the point where we are expecting a big snow storm tonight and I'm hoping we DON'T have a snow day just so I can go to work (and flu or no flu I'm going to work)! I just pray to God that if I am ever blessed to be pregnant I do not end up on bed rest because I don't know how I would get through it.

So at any rate, if you were planning on visiting Casa O'B anytime in the very near future, you may want to wait a bit. Once I actually can stand up and do things again, I will be releasing three days of pent up energy into disinfecting this poor sick house. It has no idea what's coming.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

The oh-so-exciting tales of Jim and Kristina :)