Monday, December 29, 2008

What a Year!

I was doing some thinking this morning on my way into work and couldn't believe how much has happened in the past year with me and Jim. This year has been such an emotional rollercoaster for both of us. Thinking back to this time last year we had no idea that so many different events would come our way. Some of the bigger ones were:

Losing our jobs
Saving our jobs
Changing our jobs
Buying a house
Graduating (Jim)
Hiking Katahdin
Almost losing a parent
Getting a puppy
Spending basically three months apart
Watching a sibling pull his life together
Watching another sibling move across the country

Looking back on the four plus years we've spent together, I will admit that this year was the most challenging for both of us, but in so many ways it brought us much closer together as well. I can't wait to see what 2009 brings. Some of the things I'm looking forward to in 2009:

BDC Reunion
Finishing the basement
Buying a new car
Camp in NY with the girls
Meeting the newest member of the CC crew
Celebrating our 2nd anniversary
Spring travel
My 10 year high school reunion (dear lord, is that possible?)
Helping Rion get ready to apply for college
Seeing a best friend finally get that ring she deserves (I have no doubt!)

As for resolutions? I only have one this year: Do what makes you and your family happy. Because when it comes down to it, that's all that really matters.

Here are some pictures from our year. If you know me well, you know I'm a picture addict, so I love to share them! Enjoy the slideshow!



I hope everyone had a wonderful 2008 and are looking forward to an even better 2009!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

The oh-so-exciting tales of Jim and Kristina :)