Monday, August 4, 2008

Some Uplifting News

I think we all could use a little good news, so I am here to share. First and foremost, Jim had his 6 week blood pressure check up today. After 6 weeks of a complete do-over of our diet, and a lot of self-control on Jim's part, he left the doctor's with the lowest blood pressure he's ever had since he started going to this office! I'm so so proud of him. He's worked so hard to get his blood pressure down, and to see him not only do it, but knock it out of the park, is just awesome. His next appointment is in 3 months, where they will check to make sure he is staying on track. He is definitely looking at this as a lifestyle change, so I think he will find it pretty easy to maintain. Good job babe :)

On my end of things, I got a new job!! I will be working as an Admission Counselor at USM, where I work now. I am beyond excited about it. I have really been missing working with students, and this will definitely satisfy that need. During the fall I will be traveling all over New England, going to high schools and college fairs to recruit students. The rest of the year I will work to read applications, approve scholarships, and work open houses. This is a new start for me and I am really excited about it. My first day is August 18th.

Checking in on Mary, she is doing well. They have been attempting to turn off the drain that goes into her head. When they are able to turn it off without her getting a headache, they can remove it, and hopefully start moving her out of ICU. As of today, the drain is back on, but they keep trying every day. I know she is anxious to get out of the ICU, so keep your fingers crossed that it will happen soon! She is definitely a trooper!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new job! That sounds absolutely perfect for you, and I know you're just the person for it. :)

xoxo, take care

Leah Leah Bo Beah said...

Yay for the new job! Let us know when you're in the area :)

And congrats to Jim too on great progress!

Anonymous said...

Great news on the job... if you come my way... your room is available... even soup for supper...lol,.
m2

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the job! Your first day in your new job is my last day at USM for the summer. I hope you like it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

The oh-so-exciting tales of Jim and Kristina :)