Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Fun with the Fam

So last weekend Jim and I went home for Rick's 8th grade graduation Friday night. If you've never been to an 8th grade graduation before, its quite a sight. Its easy to think that its silly, but I remember back to when I was in 8th grade and what a huge deal it was, so it was really exciting that we got to be a part of the night with Rick. Rick got all dressed up, in new pants, a new shirt, and some spiffy suspenders. If you know Rick at all, you know that's 110% his style and he looked great. I think he had a good time at graduation. Rion and Jim were sure to send him plenty of inappropriate text messages to keep him occupied. Jim's cousin Maeve also graduated. We didn't get to catch up with her but we did see his aunt, uncle, and cousin Sam, so that was good.

Saturday I decided to take the boys to the beach and they wanted to go to Bar Harbor. We hung out at Sand Beach, got stuck going 20 miles an hour behind tourists from Mass and CT (which I just cannot understand seeing as every time I'm in THEIR state they practically run me over), and walked around downtown for a bit. It was really fun to be able to hang out with just the two of them..we don't get to do that very often and every time we do hang out I am just constantly amazed at how much they have grown up. They're amazing kids, and I'm lucky to have them around!

Sunday for Father's Day Jim hung out with his parents and I hung out with Mom and Wayno. We went to a wicked dive restaurant in Brewer where we waited an hour and a half for THE BEST clam roll I've ever had (and yes, folks, I'm a Mainer so that says something). It was worth the wait, and just like it was fun to just hang out with the boys on Saturday, it was just as fun to go to lunch with just Mom and Wayne.

Overall the weekend was eventful but a good one. Jim and I look forward to getting home to see our families and it was definitely worth the trip north!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. how fun for Rion and Rick to hang out with Sissy. I know the boys really enjoyed it. I would like to have copies of those pictures please.

Memories!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

The oh-so-exciting tales of Jim and Kristina :)