Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Exciting Happenings

If you know me at all, you know that I have various groups of best girlfriends. I feel so blessed to have such wonderful women in my life, and this weekend I was lucky enough to hang out with my two Megs and Ryan. These girls have been some of my best friends since college when we all played rugby together and enjoyed many a night of intense partying. I love them so much and I feel so fortunate that we are all still friends. The three of them live in the Boston area, and each of them have something really exciting going on in their lives right now!!

Big Meg is my athletic friend. She's the sportiest person I know, and has been playing rugby since college, and continues to play with the Boston Women's team. In September she is leaving us, which we are so sad about, but we are so excited for her because she will be heading to Colorado for a year of wilderness training. I wish I understood it more than that, but it is Meg to a T, and sadly for us, I don't think she'll come back east. But she is beyond excited for it, and rightfully so. I think she'll find her place out there, and now we have a cool place to go vacation :)

Little Meg and I met my freshman year in college and roomed together for two years. She was always the wild one in our group. She didn't care what people thought, and made us laugh more than anyone. Her junior year she went off to Australia for a semester and came home with her boyfriend, Ned, who is now her husband, and they just had their first baby and bought their first home (all within a month)!! Saturday I got to meet baby Eddie and I am one proud auntie! He is adorable, and at the age where he can start trying to communicate to whoever is talking to him. Here's my favorite picture of the little guy!

And then there's Ryan..or Ray as I call her. Ray has been dating Shawn for 5 years now, and has been very patient as she was a bridesmaid and never the bride in both Little Meg's and my weddings. Well Shawn finally proposed last fall and Ray's getting married! She is the epitome of a blushing bride. This weekend was her shower, and it was probably the nicest shower I've ever been to. It was in this gorgeous colonial home in Massachusetts. Meg and I treated ourselves to a tour and took some pictures..we couldn't resist!! The decorations were beautiful and Ryan got some really really nice gifts. She is a lucky girl and is going to be such a beautiful bride. I can't wait for her wedding in September!


Here are some pictures of the girls...if you guys are reading, I love you and I'm so lucky to get to share all of your exciting happenings with you!!

Big Meg, Little Meg, Eddie, and Me
Me, Ray, Little Meg, and Eddie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. The baby is so cute. I think it is really great that you girls have stayed in such close contact with each other.

mom

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

The oh-so-exciting tales of Jim and Kristina :)