Thursday, October 16, 2008

Carrie Underwood!

So back in June when I was going through my quarter-life crisis, and was determined to do what I wanted to do and spend money on what I wanted to spend money on, it was announcedthat one of my favorite country stars, Carrie Underwood would be coming to Portland. Now, there are about a million other things I could have done with the $50 I spent on my ticket, but I put my stubborn hat on and said, I don't care, I'm going to this concert! I headed to the Civic Center at 7am the day the tickets went on sale, waited in line, and got two tickets for me and my friend Jaime. And it was so worth it.

The concert was Tuesday night and it was such a blast. Jaime and I have been looking forward to this so much since we got the tickets and it was worth the wait!! Little Big Town opened for Carrie, and I like them a lot too. They have a couple of popular songs, but I heard a lot of new ones at the concert. "Bring it on Home to Me" is one of my all time favorite songs and I had chills the whole time they sang it. Its really cool when you go to a show and don't know the opening band very well but they impress you. I am definitely going to be getting some more of their music!

Carrie was amazing. I am still blown away by the fact that three years ago this girl was a nobody. Its also really cool that we all kind of knew her before she was huge, while she was on American Idol. Its hard to imagine her just being a contestant on the show after all she has accomplished. At one point during the concert, she was doing a costume change, and they played a montage of her accomplishments, starting in the present day and working back to her time on Idol. It really was incredible to watch her ride, and I think everyone in the civic center was just in awe of all the amazing things that the woman standing in front of us had done in just a few years.

The show was so good. She sang all of my favorite songs, and was surprisingly very candid on stage. I kind of expected her to be snooty, its just the vibe I get when I see her on tv, but she was actually really funny and relaxed. I think she's probably a really easy going person after all. At one point she invited a little four year old girl onto stage to sing "American Girl" with her, and I think it was probably the cutest thing I've seen in a long time. Her encore and closing song was one of my favorites, "Before He Cheats" and it was freakin' incredible. She ended the show with a huge confetti drop, and it was just awesome.



Here are a couple of videos I took. The first is Little Big Town singing "Bring it on Home to Me" and the second is Carrie singing "Before He Cheats" They're short, but don't they all sound so good live?





No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

The oh-so-exciting tales of Jim and Kristina :)