Friday, May 22, 2009

Ahhh Summer

Dare I say it? Or even think it?? It seems summer is here at last! The past two days have been in the high 80's, my dog is panting like a madman, and the ice cream shop on the corner has a line halfway down main street. I am in my glory.

Its funny how every February and March we all feel like it won't happen. The sun won't shine more than 10 minutes. The snow won't disappear. Those nano-buds on the trees won't ever grow into full-fledged leaves.

But ever year it happens. The snow disappears. The grass turns green almost overnight. Evenings are spent walking amongst smells of burgers on the grill and fresh cut grass. We take it for granted, and before we know it, its gone , and we are longing for it once again.

So my pledge to myself this year is to take it all in. Embrace summer. Throw my window down. Let my hair blow free. Soak in the sun. I encourage you to do the same, because November will be here before you know it and you'll wonder where this amazing time went.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

The oh-so-exciting tales of Jim and Kristina :)