Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Our New Toy!

For months now, Jim has been showing me links and pictures of a digital SLR camera. I've always loved photography, but have never had the tools to really get into it, and the idea of having a nice camera was extremely exciting to me. However, as is the case for most of the world right now, money is tight and I refused to entertain the option of spending a significant chunk of money on a new camera.

Until last week.

I finally gave in. Jim wasn't giving up, and Best Buy was having a pretty sweet deal, and what the heck, I know I'll use the camera for every penny its worth. So, we splurged. Introducing my new Nikon Digital SLR D90....a.k.a. I have no clue what to do with this thing.



I've never seen so many buttons on a single gadget in my life. The manual is over 200 pages long. There are numbers in my viewfinder that I have no idea what they could possibly mean. But I absolutely love it. I've had so much fun in the past few days playing around with the settings and taking pictures of ridiculous things just to see what all the settings do.

To give you an idea of how ridiculous this camera is, here is a a picture I took with it of the orchid plant in our office.



And here is the same picture, taken with my little Sony Cybershot pocket camera, taken with the same setting.



Unreal right?

I can't wait to learn more about it, and really start taking nice pictures. In the meantime, here are some of the VERY amateur fun shots I took in the past few weeks!





No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

The oh-so-exciting tales of Jim and Kristina :)